~ Karin Tabke ~
I’m delighted and thrilled to have the national bestselling, award-winning author of erotic romantic suspense, Karin Tabke with us all at Readaholics Anonymous. Karin Tabke has agreed to answer a few questions about her new novel BLOOD LAW.
Readaholic: Hello Karin, thank you so much for stopping by! I would like to start off by letting you know how much of a great read Blood Law was, one of my favorites this year! Ok, before I get carried away let’s start with some questions.
1. Readaholic: Blood Law is about Lycans, is it your first foray into the world of wolves or have you written other stories with lycans?
Karin: Dana thank you so much for inviting me to hang out! I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed Rafe and Falon’s story! BLOOD LAW is my very first foray into the sexy world of lycan. I love writing them too. Lycan always seem to be the bad guys, but in my lycan world, the baddest being on the planet is the enemy. Man.
2. Readaholic: I loved how you weaved magic and lore into the story, especially your use of the Inuit people. Is there any actual Inuit lore that helped you with your story?
Karin: The majority of the magic and lore is my imagination working overtime. However, the moodiness of it is a reflection the mysticism of Native American lore, which I love. And while I didn’t do a whole lot of research into the Inuit people for BLOOD LAW, I have for BLOOD RIGHT, book two in the series. A chunk of the story is set in Alaska. One thing that I love so much is the respect the Inuit have not only for the land but for all the creatures who inhabit it.
3. Readaholic: Another wonderful angle you bring into your story is the use of twins. Did you always know that one twin would be dark and the other golden, or did the story reveal them to you as you wrote?
Karin: Rafael and Lucien came to me first. As they came to me as twins, one dark one light. Two brothers so close, so much alike, so haunted by the tragedy of their childhood, each dealing with it in a different way. After I wrote the first chapter, they became so defined, each taking a different path that I just went along with where they took me.
4. Readaholic: Rafael is HAWT! Is there anyone you based his character on, or is he all your super imagination’s work of art?
Karin: Thank you! He’s all me, baby! I love that man er’ wolf. His nobility, honor and passion for his people and his woman continue to amaze me. I love writing tortured complex alpha heroes. I’m very proud of Rafe. He’s a keeper for sure!
5. Readaholic: I thought Falon was such an interesting character, I’m sure we’ve just begun to find out all her secrets. I loved the fact that she’s a fighter, especially the way she stood up to the Slayer in the market. The fighting scene in the deli was beyond kool, do you have any background in self defense?
Karin: I have no personal background, however , my husband is a retired cop, and he’s a great go-to tool when I need to execute a fight scene.
6. Readaholic: I get the impression that Lucien is not all that he seems. Are we going to get up close and personal with Lucien in book two, BLOOD RIGHT?
Karin: You are going to get SO up close and personal with Lucien you will be holding your breath and fanning yourself!
7. Readaholic: The Slayers are a force to be reckoned with in BLOOD LAW. Will we see peace between the Slayers and Lycans by the time the trilogy comes to a finale?
Karin: Now, now, Dana, even if I knew the answer to that question, I couldn’t tell you! ;)
Readaholic: Oh, well, it was worth a try. *smiles*
8. Readaholic: I imagine you’ve been busy with Book 2~ BLOOD RIGHT & Book 3 ~ BLOOD MOON RISING in the trilogy. How excited are you about this series and do you think there might be any spin offs?
Karin: I’m super excited about this entire series! I’m a little awestruck by the overwhelming positive response readers have showered on BLOOD LAW. I’m loving writing BLOOD RIGHT so much I just can’t stand it. BLOOD MOON RISING is going to have to top them all. I’m a little scared! As of right now, I don’t have plans for a spin off, but depending on how the trilogy ends, there might be more stories…
9. Readaholic: Karin, the Eye of Fenrir was such a clever way to capture Fenrir, will the ring’s power reveal itself in the upcoming books?
Karin: Oh, all will be revealed, and then some!
10. Readaholic: Is there anything you would like to say to your fans about your incredible new book, BLOOD LAW?
Karin: THANK YOU! Without all of the chatter, buzz and Rafa vs Lucien love, this series, which I love has just taken off. I could not have done with without all of you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, and I promise BLOOD RIGHT is going to be one hell of a ride!!!
Readaholic: Karin, thank you so much for hang out with us and answering all our questions.
I can’t wait to read Book 2 – BLOOD RIGHT !
Best of luck!